|Help by Device||Help by Subject||FAQs||Printable Handouts|
There are two catalogs to choose from when checking out e-books from the Boston Public Library:
HELP BY DEVICE
- Checking out an e-book for iPad, iPhone, iTouch (OverDrive)
ePub format devices
- Checking out an e-book (OverDrive)
- Downloading an Audiobook (OverDrive)
- Checking out an MP3 Audiobook for iPad, iPhone, iTouch (OverDrive)
HELP BY SUBJECT
Download e-book or audiobook
Return e-book or audiobook early
Search for e-book or audiobook
- What happens if I checkout the wrong format?
- Return it and check it out again.
- Can I renew my e-book?
- No. You will need to check it out again.
- Can I return the book early?
- You can return the book early. Find out how here.
- What about fines?
- There are no fines. Your book expires after your loan period ends.
- So, why would I want to return a book early?
- You can only checkout 10 e-books at a time. If you finish them all before your loan expires, you will need to return them to get more e-books.
- Do I need an eReader to read e-books?
- No, you can download an app to your computer for free.
- I have more questions, who do I ask?
- Send an email to overdriveATbpl.org.
- Checking out an e-book or audiobook
- Connecting to the WiFi
- Downloading and Authorizing Overdrive
- Saving a Library in OverDrive Media Console
ePub (Nook, Sony Reader and most e-ink readers)